How to Find Us
The conference will take place at Edge Hill University’s beautiful campus in Ormskirk, in the heart of the North West.
Leave M6 at junction 26 and join M58.
Leave M58 at junction 3, taking the A570 towards Southport and Ormskirk.
You should see signs for ‘Edge Hill University’ when you leave the motorway. From junction 3 the journey is 2.8 miles and takes approximately 5 minutes.
The campus can also be reached from Preston or Liverpool via the A59.
If using an online route planner or sat nav, please note that the university postcode is L39 4QP. Please check that the route provided arrives via the main entrance in St Helens Road. Alternatively enter lat/long co-ordinates 53.558622,-2.875178.
- Via Liverpool: Change at Liverpool Lime Street to Merseyrail Northern Line for Ormskirk Station. You can join the Northern Line at Liverpool Central or Moorfields. These stations can be reached from Liverpool Lime Street via underground /metro Wirral Line, or on foot.
- Via Preston: from Preston Station take train to Ormskirk.
From Ormskirk Station you can get to the Campus in a variety of ways:
- Bus: From Ormskirk train station take the pedestrian walkway to Ormskirk bus station and connect with the Edge Link bus for a direct route to campus.
- Walk: Turn right from the station and walk up the road you are on, Station Approach. At the top turn left, then first right. Walk along Stanley Street and Knowsley Road, across two junctions, until you reach the main St Helens Road. Turn left and continue until you reach the Campus. This will take around 20 minutes: Map
- Taxi: There are 24-hour taxi services opposite the station entrance.
The Edge Link Bus
Bus service EL1 runs at 15 minute intervals from Ormskirk bus station to Edge Hill and back throughout the day, 8:05 to 20:50 Monday to Friday and until 17:50 on Saturdays. No service on Sundays or Bank Holidays:
- Journeys planned using Traveline can include the EL1 bus.
If you want to stay close to Ormskirk itself, you may like:
Premier Inn Southport (Ormskirk) (from £51)
Briar’s Hall Hotel, Burscough (from £70)
Liverpool city centre is a short train ride from Ormskirk itself. If you wish to stay in Liverpool you might like:
Z Hotel Liverpool (from £35) – fantastic value accommodation with a city centre location.
Dream Apartments Liverpool (from £40) – Stylish apartments at great prices.
The Liverpool Inn (from £51) – very convenient for Liverpool Central.
Aparthotel Adagio (from £65) – very convenient for Liverpool Central.
Titanic Hotel Liverpool (from £100) – A little bit of luxury, if you want to make a holiday of it.
If you are driving to the conference and want to be easily accessibly for the M6, we recommend:
Best Western Lancashire Manor (from £60)